1. MINIMUM AGE.
Hostelive.com is not directed to, or intended for use by, anyone under the age of eighteen (18). Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not authorized by Operator to post or view Activity.
2. DURATION OF ACTIVITY.
Your Activity will be deleted about thirty (30) minutes after the end of the activity time scheduled. You can also delete it at any time.
Hostelive reserves the right to refuse Activity to anyone at any time. The content of an Activity must be written in English. The title you select for your Activity must be concise and limited to the specific goods offered for the Activity. You may not list multiple brands, makes or models in the title of your Activity as a means to generate unwarranted search results. The auction of illegal items, including all counterfeit goods, are expressly prohibited. You agree not to post, email or otherwise make available content to Activities that, Hostelive determines, including but not limited to: Is unlawful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, bigoted, racially offensive, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; Advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items prohibited or restricted by applicable law or otherwise not acceptable for advertising on Hostelive:
- Activities asking for donations unless from a registered charity
- Activities offering or looking for human adoption
- Activities that are adult in nature (including, but not limited to: adult toys, adult magazines, adult services, escort services, adult massages, adult job postings, dating websites, and personal Activities)
- Airline tickets that restrict transfer and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dangerous animals/pets, animal straps that could be deemed inhumane
- Blood, Bodily Fluids and Body Parts
- Burglary Tools
- Counterfeit Products, replicas or knock-off brand name good
- Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell
- Electronic Surveillance Equipment designed or used primarily to illegally intercept/record the private actions or interactions of others without their knowledge or permission
- Embargoed Goods
- Endangered or protected species, or any part of any endangered or protected species (including bone/ivory, taxidermy, shell, pelts, etc)
- Expired food/products (expiration date must be clearly stated, unless product is homemade), Fireworks, Destructive Devices and Explosives
- Gift cards of any kind
- Government and Transit Badges, Uniforms
- IDs, Documents and Licenses
- Hazardous Materials including but not limited to radioactive, toxic and explosive materials
- Identity Documents
- Personal Financial Records & Personal Information
- Illegal Drugs, controlled substances, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drugs, & drug paraphernalia
- Illegal Services
- Illegal telecommunication and electronics equipment such as access cards, password swiffers, any type of jamming device, traffic signal control devices, satellite/cable descrambler
- Items issued to Armed Forces of any country that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies
- Items marketed inappropriately with an intolerant regard toward religion, sexual orientation, race, or ethnic background
- Items that restrict transfer (such as tickets or coupons) and items you are not authorized to sell
- Items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
- Liquor licenses
- Lottery Tickets
- Sweepstakes Entries and Slot Machines that requires money to operate
- Massage Services
- Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods which you are not authorized to sell
- Modded gaming items and modification services
- Non-prescription drugs, drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims
- Offensive Material
- Pesticides or hazardous materials
- Pictures or images that contain nudity
- Plants and insects that are restricted or regulated
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Prostitution or activities that offer sex, sexual favors or sexual actions in exchange for anything, Recalled items
- Stocks and Other Securities
- Stolen Property
- Tobacco and Related Products (including, but not limited to: nicotine patches, nicotine gum, e-cigarettes, etc)
- Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law (used undergarments, swimwear and socks are never permitted)
- Used cosmetics or toiletries (items must be new and sealed)
- Weapons and related items (including, but not limited to firearms, magazines and all parts and accessories, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, tear gas, tasers, stun guns, knives, swords, airsoft guns and all accessories, crossbows, archery bows, and martial arts weapons
- Is harmful to minors or displays sexually explicit material of any kind
- Encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation
- Infringes upon any third party rights, including without limitation, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, right of publicity, right of privacy or any other proprietary rights
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- Collects, stores or solicits information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes
- Are too similar or repetitive of other content made available by the same user
- Serves no other purpose than to send traffic to another website
- Contains personally identifiable information about another user that is published without that user's express consent
- Contains material originally posted by another user that is reposted without permission or attribution
- Has misleading email addresses or other manipulated identifiers to disguise its origin
- Imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Hostelive or its infrastructure, disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use Hostelive
- Is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful or constitutes a "bait and switch."
4. MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS.
Any person above the age of eighteen (18) is allowed one hostelive.com [http://hostelive.com] account. If an individual is using multiple accounts, all additional accounts and listings will be deleted. If your account is permanently banned, you may not create another account on hostelive.com [http://hostelive.com].
5. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Hostelive will reject any content containing words, phrases or items it considers inappropriate or misleading.
Hostelive will reject content affecting the credibility of a youth hostel or any other kind of accommodation.
Hostelive will reject content affecting joiner of a youth hostel or any other kind of accommodation.
Hostelive will not post adult services or erotic content on Hostelive web site.
Hostelive reserves the unconditional right to limit or refuse any Activity or content from forums and chat rooms submitted for publication.
Hostelive assumes no liability, implied or otherwise, for the content that appears in these Activities, forums and chat rooms.
All Activities are presented "as is".
Hostelive is not responsible for typos, corrections or other modifications in any ad copy that is entered by the User. The person placing the content assumes full responsibility to ensure accurate presentation of advertising information.
Multiple copies of any Activity will not be published. Online Activities may not be copied for republication, either online or on paper, without express permission from Hostelive.
Hostelive reserves all rights to any and all online content published on hostelive.com [http://hostelive.com].
Hostelive reserves the right to discontinue the online service at any time.
Hostelive reserves the unconditional right to limit or refuse any Activity submitted for publication. Hostelive reserves the right to refuse Activities from parties who, in the judgment of Hostelive agents, have violated the policies set forth in this agreement.
Hostelive and its subsidiaries are hereby released of any liability and held harmless in regard to the above services and customer agrees to indemnify Hostelive for all cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, incurred by Hostelive in providing this service. The customer agrees that all provisions, charges, collections, services, and negotiations shall be enforced in accordance with the law of France.
7. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information you provide when you create an account, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, date of birth, email address, nationality, payment method data, photos, and any other information you choose to provide.
7.1 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Hostelive
When you use our Hostelive, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of Hostelive, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before visiting our Hostelive platform
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Hostelive platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Hostelive platform, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Hostelive platform and your experience, and track usage of our Hostelive platform. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Hostelive platform or emails, and track usage of our Hostelive platform and effectiveness of communications
- Other Information: With your permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll, contacts of individuals you wish to find or connect with, or calendar information you want to manage via Hostelive
7.2 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Hostelive platform you elect to use, including:
- Social Media Services. If you register or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, as authorized by that service. You have the ability to disable the connection between our Hostelive platform and your third-party account at any time
- Invitations. If another joiner sends you an invitation through our Hostelive platform, we may receive your email address or phone number. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Hostelive platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation. Hostelive stores this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You may unsubscribe from future invitations using the instructions in those messages. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database
8. USE OF INFORMATION
8.1 Operating our Hostelive platform
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Hostelive platform, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Hostelive platform, including to process transactions, and develop new products and services
- Personalize the Hostelive platform
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Hostelive platform
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities, and protect the rights property, or safety of Hostelive and others
8.2 Communicating with You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, and activities offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Deliver communications from other joiners, in accordance with the communication preferences that you indicate in your account
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages
8.3 Advertising and Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Provide advertisements, content, or features that match joiner profiles or interests
- Facilitate contests and other promotions
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected
9. SHARING OF INFORMATION
9.1 Through our Hostelive platform
We share some of the information; we collect by displaying it on our Hostelive platform according to user profile and account settings. Some information, such as user name, is always public.
9.2 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving Hostelive to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
9.3 Following the Law and Protecting Hostelive
We may access, preserve, and disclose to third parties information about you if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation or legal process. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms & Conditions or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of Hostelive or others.
9.4 Social Sharing and Other Tools
The Hostelive platform may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Hostelive platform with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service. The service’s use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review the privacy policies of the services that provide these features.
10. HOSTELIVE POLICIES: STANDARDS FOR HOSTELIVE ACTIVITIES
10.1 Be Community Focused
Hostelive activities are expected to create opportunities for joiners to participate in the Hostelive platform and connect with each other. Belonging to a Hostelive community means sharing a purpose, goal, interest, identity, or activity.
10.2 Meet in Real Life
Hostelive occur when people meet face-to-face, in real life. Hostelive must be hosted in person, by a Contributor or a host, who supports joiners and interacts with the community.
10.3 Be Local
Hostelive is intended for local community. Hostelive's features should be used to build the activities's capacity and create opportunities for meaningful connections within a local community.
11. ACTIVITIES CONDUCT POLICIES
11.1 Be Safe
All Contributors and joiners must take ownership over their safety, and must never put themselves or others in danger. We expect all Contributors and joiners to be mindful of local laws when engaging with their Activities.
When appropriate, Hostelive encourages Contributors to set guidelines for their Activities to ensure their joiners are participating safely.
11.2 Honesty and Transparency: Accurately Describe Hostelive
All Hostelive activities should be accurately described in the title and description fields to allow joiners to make informed decisions about their participation.
Contributors must be honest in the way they conduct their Hostelive activities and upfront about the nature of their activities/events, interests, user requirements, intentions, business affiliations, and/or official organization affiliations.
11.3 Set Reasonable Expectations
Businesses and services must ensure they disclose reasonable expectations and aspirations. Hostelive cannot verify promises or assurances of health cures, mental cures, or financial gains, so these are prohibited on Hostelive.
12. CONTRIBUTOR AND HOST STANDARDS: BEST CONTRIBUTOR PRACTICES
12.1 Message Respectfully: Don't Spam Joiners
Content sent to a joiner that is irrelevant, impersonal, unsolicited, promotional, or repetitive is spam, and Contributors may be blocked for spamming joiners.
The following are examples of inappropriate spam messages sent by Contributors:
- Sending repetitive or unsolicited messages to joiners who are not in an Contributor's Hostelive activities
- Sending messages to an Contributor's own Hostelive activities that do not relate to that Hostelive activities
- Sending promotional messages, including promoting a Contributor’s Hostelive activity to joiners who are not in that Hostelive activities
- Abusing the Hostelive announcement or invite features by repeatedly inviting joiners or non-joiners for whom a Hostelive activities may not be relevant
- Creating Hostelive activities, events, or accounts for the purpose of cross-promoting Hostelive platforms
12.2 Use Respectful Language
You agree to act responsibly and to treat other users with respect on the forums and chat rooms. You will not use Hostelive to harass or abuse other users. Individuals who Hostelive determines, in Hostelive's sole discretion, have behaved inappropriately, including without limitation, harassment of other individuals,may be removed or blocked from Hostelive.
You will not do any of the following bad things:
- Violate any laws
- Be false or misleading
- Infringe any third-party right
- Distribute or post unauthorized advertising, spam, junk mail, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Hostelive or the interests or property of Hostelive users
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Hostelive
- Copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access Hostelive and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Hostelive
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone
- Delete or revise any material posted by any other user
- Repeatedly post the same or similar content or purposefully post content in an irrelevant hostel, category, city, state/province or country
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity, including without limitation, Hostelive
- Use any form of automated device or computer program that enables the submission of listings to Hostelive without each listing being manually entered by the author thereof, including without limitation, the use of any such automated posting device to submit listings in bulk, or for automatic submission of listings at regular intervals
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to Hostelive or its computer systems or networks for any reason, including without limitation, to engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of Activities or Hostelive
13. BE CLEAR & PROFESSIONAL: EDITORIAL REQUIREMENTS
In order to provide a quality experience to our joiners, titles of Hostelive activities are to be relevant, useful, and easy to understand. Excessive or improper use of punctuation, symbols, capitalization, spacing, URLs, or repetition, intended to grab attention for a Hostelive, will need to be edited.
We consider the following examples to be excessive or gimmicky use of numbers, symbols, punctuation, repetition, or spacing: !!Party!!!, p*a*r*t*y, PARTY, PaRtY, p a r t y, or p@rty.
14. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Posting content that violates another party's intellectual property rights is prohibited.
When provided with the requisite information, Hostelive will remove or disable access to material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or remove accounts of those who may be repeat infringers.
Intellectual Property Dispute Policies:
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. Our Terms & Conditions prohibit posting content that violates another party's intellectual property rights. As indicated in our Terms & Conditions, we may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, remove or disable access to, material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others, and restrict or terminate access to our Hostelive platform for those who may be repeat infringers.
15. TRADEMARK POLICY
We may, as a courtesy to trademark owners, conduct a limited inquiry of reasonable complaints of trademark infringement. Our determination of whether the reported content is a violation of our trademark policy depends on both the content that is being used and the context in which it is being used.
Using a business name, logo, or other protected content in a way that is confusing or misleading may be a violation of our trademark policy. It is not a violation of our trademark policy to use a business name or logo, or other content in a way that is outside the scope protected by trademark rights. This scope is generally limited by the geography (such as one or more countries) and products (goods and services) covered by the trademark. It is also not a violation of our policy to make proper "fair use" of another's trademark.
To report an instance of trademark infringement, send a message to: email@example.com
16. REQUEST POLICIES
Any abusive or repetitive request from a user or a hostel may be penalized
17. PAYMENT POLICIES
It is the responsibility of a Hostel to pay for a Hostelive Activity Board to operate and continue to behosted on Hostelive.
17.1 Hostelive's Payment Policies
Hostelive can only issue a refund in certain situations, and only if a Hostel has used our preferred payment processor, Payfacile, to make the payment in question. Disputes regarding payments made off of Hostelive, in cash, or using a third party payment processor cannot be mediated by Hostelive.
17.2 Monthly Hostel Member Dues are refundable if:
The Hostel was closed, for any reason, definitively or at least for a period exceeding 6 months.
17.3 Other situations:
The Trust and Safety Team at Hostelive HQ determines that the refund is in the best interest of maintaining the integrity of the Hostelive platform, to moderate fraud, misuse, or risk.
17.4 What payments can’t be refunded?
Hostel Member Dues that automatically renew.
Hostel Members agree to automatic renewal of Hostel Member Dues payments upon their initial payment to Hostelive. Refunds will not be issued as a result of failure to turn off renewal. To pursue a refund, locate the transaction in question and send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Generally, Hostelive is unable to mediate any disputes regarding processing fees or any other fee associated with the use of our payment processor to accept or refund payments.
Hostelive's preferred payment processor, Payfacile, is only able to process refunds within 6 months of the transaction date. As such, any disputes outside of this window will not be mediated by Hostelive.
17.5 The Hostelive payment processors cannot be used to process payments of the following nature:
Adult content, escort services, or sex solicitation
Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, or similar items
Gambling or betting
Weapons, ammunition, or weaponry accessories
Multi-level marketing businesses, pyramid or Ponzi schemes
Unlawful activities or items, or the promotion of unlawful activities or items